Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Motorola DROID Questions & Answers

Droid 2.1 OS Update

Posted by jconneringalls on Feb 22, 2010

Well I finally got fed up enough that I called my connection at Verizon Wireless to see if they knew anything. They then patched me to someone they know from Motorola and they told me that it is going to be released sometime AFTER the next 2-3 weeks..

Did they not say it was coming out like a week or two ago?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 2 orangetiktac on Feb 25, 2010

After? Ugh! Love this phone but I can't wait for it to become even faster.

Reply Level 2 3 neanderthals on Feb 25, 2010

appearanly week or two ago release news was posted on motorola forum (by forum manager). I guess it wasnt official.......

Reply Level 2 4 cmlax5 on Feb 26, 2010

this is insanity! why cant we just have the update already> not cool verizon

Reply Level 2 5 jr313 on Feb 26, 2010

i cant wait for the update either but hopefully they dnt leave anything out of the update its not like the DROID cant handle evrything thats supposed be included...i am actually rooted right now and running 2.1 wit live wallpapers running flawlessly...so i know for a fact it can handle it...as soon as i hear it headn out im unrooting and waitn for the goodness...

Reply Level 2 6 redgrace on Feb 27, 2010

i have both a blackberry and a droid, and from experience when you run a beta update it usually messes things up. As an avid user of crackberry.com I usually update my bb's with cracked versions of the newest O.S. These O.S. are usually buggy for a reason, the reason being it's a beta. With my droid I'm going to wait for the actual release... I just hope that they fix the auto landscape in the home screen issue....

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.