Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Motorola DROID Questions & Answers

Bulky

Posted by Anon1234 on Feb 21, 2010

The phone, I know, is powerful, but it really seems bulky - kind of along the lines of the cell phone's of the 1990's.

I'm thinking it would be worth waiting for the Nexus One to come to Verizon rather than get this device. Any suggestions?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 3 4 gorden on Feb 22, 2010

This is not bulky at all. I compared it with my omnia, almost the same. But it heavier than Omnia.

Reply Level 2 11 bbfan63 on Feb 23, 2010

The only reason its bulky is the fact that is has a real keyboard otherwise it would be the htc eris.

Reply Level 2 2 vmike126 on Feb 21, 2010

I am thinking the same thing. I carry around my cell phones in my pocket, and this keyboard doesn't seem worth the hastle. The motorola devour is coming out this week - its not as powerful but it has a nicer keyboard.

Reply Level 2 5 nsanderson17 on Feb 22, 2010

The droid is the size of a toothpick compared to my enV touch! haha and the keyboard is not as bad as it seems, just has a wee bit of a learning curve is all.

Reply Level 2 8 stoute on Feb 22, 2010

You guys are compairing and flip phone with a full keyboard to a slider PDA with a larger screen. I agree that the DROID is thinner, heavier, and feels more bulky but, you have to look at the reasons why it is all those things.

The Droid is a PDA phone w/ 3.7" touch screen, which is a heavier touch screen. It is flatter and wider than the enV touch causing it to feel "bulky". In compairison to other PDA touch screen/ full qwerty keyboard phones, Touch Pro 2, it is much smaller/lighter.

Reply Level 2 9 dawnh on Feb 22, 2010

Would like to play with this new toy. Just wondering how well it holds up and how good it really is?

Reply Level 2 13 ibransond on Feb 25, 2010

The construction is really solid. so it seems as if it should hold up

Reply Level 2 10 divyanshu_gadget on Feb 23, 2010

by taking a look at it it definitely seems to be huge
not a pocket phone though

Reply Level 1 12 badshah on Feb 24, 2010

droid isnt bulky....its a phone with evry possible cool function...its a geeks dream...

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.