Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Motorola DROID Questions & Answers

How is the bettery life and camera??

Posted by deeoh1084 on Feb 10, 2010

how is the battery life??? and does this have a standard android camera option?? which is useless.. you can't do anything with it....

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 5 mrmims on Feb 11, 2010

I have no issues with the battery right now. I can go the whole day without charging it. I talk, surf the web, and I am also on facebook quite a bit. I usually charge it when I go to bed and I am ready to go for the whole day!!!

Reply Level 1 2 rigeek on Feb 11, 2010

The battery life is fine, considering the type of device we are talking about. I get about 16 hours on a charge, using email, browsing, and phone calls. I am a pretty heavy user, and when the large, beautiful screen is taken into consideration, I feel it's fine. As far as the camera goes, for a phone, it's sufficient.

Reply Level 2 3 jjuppyh on Feb 11, 2010

The battery life seems to be reasonable for the type of device. Most smartphones/PDAs you should at least be able to get 1 full day charge out of it and the Droid you can.
The camera is the standard android camera.

Reply Level 2 4 pancaea224 on Feb 11, 2010

I think the battery life is very good, all things considered. I usually get about 2-3 days, I would classify myself as a light to moderate user (usually a few minutes of web browsing, some apps, lots of texts, and a few phone calls). It has the standard android camera software, however the camera itself is a solid performer in both stills and video. The issue with blurry photos is still present but much better than with android 1.x.

Reply Level 2 6 casper on Feb 12, 2010

this is a great phone, love the apps. Specially pdanet. Can't wait till I get one myself. I lije my eris, but this has better features.

Reply Level 1 7 CSBrown on Feb 12, 2010

I find the battery life to be lacking, especially if you're indoors alot where the phone has to search for signal alot. The camera is blurry in lower light situations even with the flash, and there is an annoying lag-time between depressing the shutter button and actually capturing the image (which may account for some of the blur). However, if you select the "steady shot' option under the camera controls, this does take care of some of the blur. As for the battery life, I've taken to simply carrying my USB charging cable with me and plugging in my phone throughout the day at various computers I'm working on. Overall though, I still have to say I love this gadget.

Reply Level 2 8 seanbon299 on Feb 14, 2010

should i get his phone???

Reply Level 2 9 JDBrockin on Feb 20, 2010

If you manage the GPS / WiFi / Backlight through out the day, your phone will perform at its best. The biggest function I have noticed that effects my battery life is the Screen! Yes out of my email, sms or browser my screen percentage is always above 50%. You can download multiple apps to manage screen brightness and handy widgets to turn off/on GPS/WiFi.

Needless to say I still get about a day of usage. I work for Verizon, I demo my phone almost all day long. Not to mention listen to about an hour of Pandora with my drive to and from work. I LOVE this phone. I is better than any other phone I have carried for Verizon.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.