Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

NOKIA 5800 XpressMusic Questions & Answers

Drowned phone, any ideas about its revival?

Posted by Yiumi on Jun 28, 2011

Well, I've dropped my phone in the pool and unsurprisingly now it won't switch on. Any ideas what should I do? I'm not much into the tech stuff, but i'll try anything. Helpppp!!!!

« Back to all discussions

1 Wolfy on Jun 28, 2011
Level 2 First thing you should do is to take out the battery...but I suppose it's late already. You have to dry it (with hairdryer for example), then tear it apart and clean it with acetone :) If you have luck the phone will work, if not go to some specialized technician.

2 Immortal on Jun 28, 2011
Level 9 If you didn`t remove the battery in the moment you got it out there is not much you can do....and by much I mean nothing :) And even if you did it probably fried before that. I`ve heard that people get the battery out immediately, take the device totally apart and wipe dry all the components, even then the chance it will work again is minimal.

not rated
3 Yiumi on Jun 28, 2011
Level 2 Well that was quick ;). I took out the battery when the phone didn't switch on. Maybe 1 or 2 min after i got it out of the pool

6 Crossblade on Jun 29, 2011
Level 5 Get it to a phone service.

This sounds like trolling, but what do you think you can do, after you already have probably killed it and you're "not much into the tech stuff" ...?

not rated
7 Yiumi on Jul 01, 2011
Level 2 I took it to the repair center and so far the only thing i know for sure is the battery died. I hope the phone wakes up after they get it cleaned up and dryed.

5 leviathan on Jun 29, 2011
Level 4 Some phones might regain functionality after such unfortunate event, so I'd definitely take it to authorized Nokia repair center, rather than dealing with that myself. There's always a chance to screw it up even more, especially if you're not into electronics repair business. Anyway, give it a try and let us know.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.