Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Samsung GALAXY Nexus Questions & Answers

Samsung Galaxy Nexus or Motorola DROID Razr?

Posted by ndroid on Oct 19, 2011

If you had to choose an Android high-end smartphone now, which one would you get and why?

To me the Samsung Galaxy Nexus seems to be more reasonable choice as it comes with the latest Android ICS and it certainly deserves your attention for it's beautiful SAMOLED 1280x720 display (which is also the ICS native res). However, Motorola DROID Razr is one of the thinnest and great looking rugged devices I've seen lately, so this won't be an easy choice for die-hard Android fans. What you think?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 4 11 sgrinavi on Oct 30, 2011

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/10/24/yes-folks-the-droid-razr-is-unlockable-everywhere-in-the-world-but-the-u-s/

Reply Level 5 14 DaddyChicken on Oct 31, 2011

yeah...sorry...you live in the US...grin... Canada, it will likely be unlocked.

Reply Level 7 12 I.P.K. on Oct 31, 2011

Motorola offered unlocked bootloader tool for the RAZR, I read some news about that.

Reply Level 4 15 sgrinavi on Nov 01, 2011

The tool to unlock probably won't be available, or even work, on the VZW model... or so they say.

Reply Level 5 13 DaddyChicken on Oct 31, 2011

my bad. I missed that we are talking about Verizon's version. Motorola is leaving it unlocked (the bootloader that is), but leaving it up to the carrier's whether to lock them down. With Verizon it is a slam dunk...it will be locked down and bolted shut.

Reply Level 5 16 DaddyChicken on Nov 19, 2011

Now that both devices are released it would be nice to see a comparison of the 2 devices...say a showdown.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.