Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Amazon Questions & Answers

Amazon is supposedly unveiling Kindle tablet, what do you expect it to be?

Posted by barryween on Sep 26, 2011

Rumors suggest a new, reasonable priced tablet will be unveiled at Amazon.com press conference in a couple of days. It seems possible, although unconfirmed from Amazon so far.

If it happens, what do you think it will be specs-wise, bearing in mind it will cost about $250?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 7 1 I.P.K. on Sep 27, 2011

I don't think it will be something extraordinary or unprecedented.....just another monkey on the branch :D:D

Reply Level 9 2 Immortal on Sep 27, 2011

The tablet is going to be called "Kindle Fire", and according to the news it will be unveiled tomorrow, so I guess we`ll see :)
http://www.meetgadget.com/gadg​et/53925/Amazon+Kindle+Fire/ne​ws/19203/Amazon+to+reveal+--039%3BKindle+Fire--039%3B+Android+tablet+on+Wedne​sday

Reply Level 7 3 I.P.K. on Sep 29, 2011

Well, the tablet is out, and I should admit it's a nice one. The price is very reasonable for the features it has.

Reply Level 5 4 Dexter on Sep 29, 2011

The price of the Fire is fantastic, although I'm pretty tempted for one of the new Kindle Touch's for $99. It turns out that the price will bring along some advertising, but according to Gizmodo, it is not presented while reading, more like screensaver thing, so not a problem if you're looking for budget device.

The Fire packs hardware very close (nearly identical) with the Blackberry Playbook and yet the price point of just $200 certainly makes it The Greatest Deal for mobile media consumers.

Reply Level 9 5 Immortal on Sep 30, 2011

With this price and features Amazon really created some competition to the other manufacturers...way to go :)

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.