Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

RIM BlackBerry Bold 9650 Questions & Answers

Release date?

Posted by Ari846 on Mar 04, 2010

Anyone have any info on a possible release date or maybe further info on how it will be different from the previous model?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 1 2 vondetah03 on Mar 04, 2010

Well for Verizon they already had some shipped to their stores, but they had to be sent back for updates, I believe the updates they were waiting for was the new BB OS 5.0 in order to release them. Sprint who is also getting this phone already had their update for 5.0, but theirs were experiencing wifi issues. Another thing is that the name may be changed for Tour 2 9650 to Bold 9750. I'm anxiously awaiting this phone also, because I'm ready to upgrade my BB. It should be too much more longer, I believe between April-June this phone should drop. Hopefully it's announced soon. But if you have Verizon you can bank on it dropping before Sprint as usual...Sucks for me because I'm on the "Now" Network, and have to patiently wait.

Reply Level 1 3 vondetah03 on Mar 04, 2010

It shouldn't*

Reply Level 2 4 Ari846 on Mar 08, 2010

Thanks! I'm hoping for sooner rather than later. My old Curve 8330 (Verizon) has started making screeching noises during phone calls. Not a good sign. Are you going to jump on this one or wait for another BB that may release later in the year?

Reply Level 2 5 Jaymang2316 on Mar 13, 2010

The only difference is probably going to be wifi and optical mouse instead of trackball. Thats how blackberry has been doing it...make a device that has problems...then make a second model that is basicly just the first one done right. (thats what happened with the storm)

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.