Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Palm Pre Questions & Answers

Palm Pre

Posted by BigBadBusa on Feb 10, 2010

Would be interesting to see a bigger screen size and maybe a horizontal slide out keyboard instead of the vertical slide out keyboard.

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 3 4cesc4 on Feb 10, 2010

I don't think so its a small screen. I think its enough for a phone...

Reply Level 2 10 ibransond on Feb 18, 2010

ehh... i kind of like the 3.5 inch and 3.7 inch of the iphone and droid...

Reply Level 2 11 bubbasixx on Feb 19, 2010

I think it's interesting to hear people, including myself, wishing the Pre would have a larger screen. The screen itself is nearly the same size as the Storm 2 which I have. In reality, I think it is more the size of the device itself that throws us off. It makes the screen seem that much smaller. As for the keyboard, I hate it. Horizontal would make it a lot larger and should eliminate that obnoxious ridge on the sides.

Reply Level 2 17 jamal on Mar 06, 2010

@BigBadBusa
I agree. I was checking it out from a friend and found that the keyboard was cramped and that the screen was not big enough to do a lot of things. The OS is great but the screen and keyboard make it hard to compete with the likes of the Droid, iPhone and Nexus One.

Reply Level 2 2 kjlarson3 on Feb 10, 2010

I haven't seen one in person, but from reviews I've read, this was a pretty big bust for Palm. I agree, some changes and this could turn into the next hot phone. We'll see what Palm brings to the table next, hopefully they learn.

Reply Level 2 4 RonBurgundy on Feb 10, 2010

Palms OS is awesome, i've played around with it and love it, but the screen size is way too small when comparing to other devices and the keyboard, though better on vzw, is still too small. love the touch sensitive rather than the button though- nice improvement. eveyrone needs a multi messaging application like the BBM on crackberries, i can't live without it now.

Reply Level 2 5 mrmims on Feb 11, 2010

I experimented with the Pre Plus and I really didn't like it. I thought the screen was too small. I didn't like the fact that there weren't many apps to choose from. I did like the bright a vivid colors, but nothing compared to the Droid.

Reply Level 2 6 collinsc99 on Feb 14, 2010

i really think palm should have stuck with the treo series

Reply Level 2 7 bdpf15 on Feb 16, 2010

My bro has this phone and I love to play with it, it is amazing. To bad for short battery life. I am just waiting for a gsm version. Not holding my breath though.

Reply Level 2 8 tobie on Feb 16, 2010

its pretty cool

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.