Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Samsung BD-D8500 Questions & Answers

BD-D8500 communication/synchronization problems

Posted by kneef on Aug 10, 2011

As a novice in the homecinema world I hope someone could help me sort out problems with my BD - LED TV (Samsung Smart TV). When my TV set is connected to an air antenna (and my card inserted in CAM module attached to the tv set) I access the channals I pay for; works ok. But connecting BD to my TV set via DMI I`m not able to get the 2 units working together. (Ie I`m not able to record TV programs on the units hard disc).Neither when connected by the DMI cable alone or toghether with RF cable. Neither when inserting teh CAM/card in the BD unit or it stays in the TV set. Playing back DVD/BD is no problem, but recording TV programs is. What am I doing wrong?

« Back to all discussions

1 Immortal on Aug 10, 2011
Level 9 When inserting the CAM/card in the BD unit do you access the channels normally?

not rated
2 leviathan on Aug 11, 2011
Level 4 Ok, I think you should try connecting your tv source straight to your BD and from BD make a connection to your TV via HDMI. In other words, TV Source > BD > TV. This way you should be able to record TV programs on the BD's hard disk.

Have you tried this or it isn't possible with your set up?

not rated
3 kneef on Aug 12, 2011
Level 1 I do access the channels with tha CAM/card installed in my BD player (but may be not all of them...) I`ve now set up my system according to leviathans suggestion and I`m able to record programs on my BD. Problem is I`m not able to watch any other program/channels simultaneously! Both my TV set and BD player are new and Samsung brand but so far I`ve not been able to make them cooperate!
So what are my best options? Installing my CAM/card in my TV set or in my BD player. Connecting them via HDMI cable or RF or both. I also wonder why I sometimes don`t get access to all, juste some, channels?
Thank you guys for your contributions.
Best

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.