Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Motorola ATRIX 4G Questions & Answers

Custom ROM

Posted by DaddyChicken on Nov 19, 2011

For anyone out there that still uses this device, are you running a custom ROM? If so, which one, and what was the deciding factor?

« Back to all discussions

not rated
1 leviathan on Nov 21, 2011
Level 4 Never used one myself, but If needed, I'll make sure to check out cyanogen first.

Great reason for me is installing the OS as vanilla as possible, i.e. without custom skins and stuff, just the way developers made it. Another one is me being geeky to figure out if there's any performance (speed) improvements.

not rated
2 Cyrax on Nov 21, 2011
Level 3 I've been running Cyanogen on my phone for a couple of months now and it is running great. The benefits are that you are running the newest possible OS, very fast and optimized. This is pretty much. I've gone the custom route is because Motorola never chose to update my defy to android 2.3 and I don't regret it at all.

not rated
4 DaddyChicken on Nov 22, 2011
Level 5 I did try out Cyanogen, but I was having difficulties with the bluetooth streaming to my car stereo via A2DP (did I get that right?). Anyhow, i was getting this annoying stutter. It drove me nuts. After that I decided to give Aura a whirl. WOW! The ROM has been fast! Very stable! And no annoying stutter!

not rated
5 ndroid on Nov 24, 2011
Level 3 Another reason for loading custom rom is to get rid of the annoying ads.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.