Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Samsung Galaxy S Questions & Answers

Samsung Galaxy S will get official ICS!

Posted by I.P.K. on Jan 17, 2012

Well, I'm Galaxy S user and I'm interested in getting ICS on my phone (as you can guess :) Today I've read, that Samsung will release official, stock Android 4.0. Galaxy S has too little ROM and it can't support ICS + TW. And my point is that not many users will be happy with the stock Android, cause they have using TouchWiz for 2 years and now something completely different....What do you think guys? Am I right or just my stupid thoughts :D

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 1 1 Spogy on Jan 18, 2012

I'm keen to try the stock android. Either that or I go back to Sony Ericsson [aha - I mean Sony]

Reply Level 4 2 leviathan on Jan 19, 2012

I'm pretty sure the stock Android ICS UI will result in better experience, even if it takes some time to explore and get used to. When it is supposed to be available for download?

Reply Level 7 3 I.P.K. on Jan 19, 2012

Still, no info when it will be available...

Reply Level 5 4 DaddyChicken on Jan 21, 2012

I am not a huge fan of touchwiz. Stock android is fine, but I like adding ADW Launcher EX to my devices. I hope that there might be room for that afterwards.

Reply Level 1 5 Spogy on Jan 22, 2012

agreed. Drop the crappy touchwiz. As far as i understand, the stock android is actually pretty awesome ui by itself!

Reply Level 4 6 sgrinavi on Jan 24, 2012

IMO stock ICS is the way to go = think of it as ala-carte, you're getting the steak and then you can add the side dishes you need without all the extra bloat.

Reply Level 7 7 I.P.K. on Jan 25, 2012

U are so right....

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.