Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

ATI Radeon HD 5770 Questions & Answers

Clock Question

Posted by Golfman on Oct 20, 2010

Both CPUID & catalyst are showing that GPU clock is 157mhz and the memory clock is 300mhz. When I open catalyst and enable ATI overdive I have 850 for the GPU and 1200 on the memory ( selcted by the sliders) these were the values that come up as default. Right now I only have Firefox & Catlyst running are the clocks variable so when I fire up left 4 dead 2 they go up or is something else wrong?

« Back to all discussions

not rated
2 MilanFAN on Oct 20, 2010
Level 3 The board firmware will automatically drop the clocks during idle to save power and reduce heat. When you load a game they will automatically go back to where they should be.

not rated
3 Balistic on Oct 20, 2010
Level 3 I believe your system down-clocks it to reduce power consumption and heat when not needed. By using the overdrive you override the systems desire to conserve power :)

not rated
4 Immortal on Oct 21, 2010
Level 9 I agree with @Balistic at this one....don`t mess with things you don`t fully understand...go in several overclocking forums read all you can find on the subject and after that you can change the clocks without the danger of frying the GPU

not rated
5 Golfman on Oct 22, 2010
Level 3 Thanks guys and gals :)

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.