Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Samsung Questions & Answers

Samsung GS2 HD LTE -What the Galaxy Nexus Should have been

Posted by DaddyChicken on May 21, 2012

So, after much deliberation, and swearing I wouldn't make another cell phone purchase until the SGS3 came out, I hit a moment of weakness. I was fed up with my RAZR. The wifi reception issues were killing me, and the bluetooth streaming just sucked. It was late, and I had credit card in hand and I bought an unlocked SGS2 HD LTE.

These are my comments - I will pass along a full review later.

-Great speed, and performance. Not laggy.
-LTE sucks the hell out of the battery. You had to expect that though.
-Build quality is impressive for a Samsung device. I usually am not a fan, but the plastic body, and construction on this one is top notch.
-The screen is incredible. It bascially is the Nexus's screen. A pentile Super AMOLED.
-Still runs Gingerbread, but ICS is promised. (I gotta admit I am not holding my breath. This device doesn't have much of a future now that AT&T dropped it).

Ok, the goods - as a daily usage phone... I like it. I really do. I get a full day charge on the battery if I am not on LTE. It charges up real fast.
The device is buttery smooth - no lock ups, no force closes, no stutter. I have to admit, I really like this phone. Sound is very clear. For the record I hate Touchwiz, so I loaded up ADW EX and run that.

From what I see, this is what the Nexus should have been. Looking at the SGS3, I'm disappointed with the specs. Granted the processor of the N/A version is newer than the SGS2 HD LTE, but really, I don't think it is no screaming hell. (Time will tell when it gets released in the wild eh?).

I know I won't have this phone longer than 6 months. That is my track record. But, that's ok. the new Nexus devices come out in the fall. Until then, this device is going to keep me quite happy.

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 7 1 I.P.K. on May 22, 2012

Congratulations on your new phone. I've always said that Samsung make good phones :D

Reply Level 5 5 DaddyChicken on May 29, 2012

LOL. I know. I had a Vibrant (the original SGS) and I wasn't thrilled with the fact it stopped working prematurely. I had the international version of the SGS2, and it's incompatability with my Wireless provider (read I kept getting double sms messages and all my work on the forums and dealing with Tech support wasn't worth it after 5 weeks...so it had to go). I vowed I wouldn't do another Samsung. But I bit. I'm glad I did. I figure at the rate I change devices, this will last me 6 months to a year. I reckon' just in time for the next Nexus.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.