Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Apple Questions & Answers

New Apple phones

Posted by Sickness on Apr 06, 2011

In the last three weeks I've read that Apple will use: Samsung's screens, Sony's cameras and Toshiba's NAND drives....I'm curious whether some other company will make their OS (Microsoft :)? What will be left for the Apple engineers to create? Are they looking for the easy way?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 2 monkeybone on Apr 07, 2011

Isn't that way with everything. For examples all of the thousands of brands of TVs use LCD matrix made by a handful of manufacturers. Apple just takes a great software with good design and built quality and use the best stuff on the market, so they are still making a better product. If you are not good at something, just find someone that is.

Reply Level 3 3 Trixey on Apr 07, 2011

Also, using other manufacturers hardware is cheaper than producing their own, I think

Reply Level 2 5 Twisted on Apr 07, 2011

Exactly correct...take a look at the motherboards for example, they solder chips from at least 10 different manufacturers....that doesn`t mean that two motherboards using the same chips will have the same quality...it is not all about components but how you use them

Reply Level 2 4 outdated on Apr 07, 2011

Microsoft has proven quite good in delivering mac apps - the office:mac 2010 is quite nice and stable, I've had no troubles with it. However, I can see that your post is obviously anti-apple, but is based on false arguments. Every PC maker uses hardware that's not manufactured entirely by themselves and that's how it should be, or you'll be looking at the price tags even more surprised.

The beauty of Apple products is the overall experience - quality, design, software or let me rephrase - quality in design and software. If you've noticed, there aren't many brands that offer only premium products - all PC makers have low, middle and high-end products in their product lines. That's not the case with Apple. Even their "entry" level Macbook is high class product. And that's not only because of the parts that are ticking inside, it's 50% due to the highly optimised software.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.