Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Nintendo Questions & Answers

Streaming Media on the Wii

Posted by jdplala on Feb 11, 2010

Has anyone been successful in using their Wii to stream video from a computer (PC, Mac or Linux)? TVersity, PlayOn, GeexBox from Homebrew Channel, etc.? Am I wasting my time trying to do this, or is there an easy way and I just haven't found it yet? Thanks!

« Back to all discussions

not rated
2 adamyh127 on Mar 27, 2010
Level 2 You will be able to use Netflix on the Wii. I got an early Disc, and it's best streaming I've seen on any system.

not rated
3 kemojc on Apr 18, 2010
Level 3 is the netflix worth it? i have one but i was thinking roku box?

not rated
4 milllllller on Jun 14, 2010
Level 2 netflix is where it's at!

not rated
5 Jovel16 on Jun 15, 2010
Level 3 When will all televisions just have a darn built-in web browser?! Or how about Bluetooth so I can watch TV without disturbing others? Or better yet, wireless audio/video transmission?

not rated
6 afreeman on Jun 15, 2010
Level 2 I use netflix on my samsung blue ray. it is great. this is just another reason to love the wii

not rated
8 tazz6907 on Jun 30, 2010
Level 2 Netfilx on the Wii is great. The search system is little tough to navigate. I always keep my instant queue up to date using my computer because the Netflix search function on the Wii isn' too user friendly.

not rated
9 Jovel16 on Jul 02, 2010
Level 3 I assume you have to order the disc from netflix? And can't download it, right?

not rated
10 Rufus on Aug 10, 2010
Level 2 I forget the name of the homebrew app that i used to stream media.

I remember it being extremely difficult to get video working...

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.