Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Razer Questions & Answers

Razer Blade gaming laptop, what you think?

Posted by addicted on Aug 29, 2011

The location of the touchpad looks promising, I even asked myself "Why Razer are the first company to do it this way?", but then I realized it's 17-inch and it lacks the numeric keypad which is fair loss for a gaming rig. It does pack top-of-the-line components, but $2800?

So, what you think, are you getting one?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 6 1 WingMan on Aug 29, 2011

The touchpad display and the morphing keys are the most innovative thing I've seen in notebooks for quite some time. The idea of changing the regular touchapad to a touchscreen display is brilliant and the morphing keys are every gamer's dream. At least for me ;).

Reply Level 9 2 Immortal on Aug 30, 2011

I think it is too much... it is interesting that they put the touchpad on the right side, but i don`t think that it is going to be vert useful to have a display there during gaming :] what are you going to do peek under your hand constantly? Good luck being a walking frag :] The concept with the morphing keys is very old ( I believe that "Art Lebedev" produced something similar more then a year ago). The specs are great but i think the price is exaggerated a little bit.

Reply Level 1 5 The_Pope on Aug 31, 2011

You should have listened to the video more carefully. The touchpad can run in "screen mode" when you're using a mouse, and in "touchpad mode" when you're out and about and don't have anywhere for a mousepad.

Otherwise, yes, you'd obscure the view with your hand.

Reply Level 7 3 I.P.K. on Aug 30, 2011

Too expensive for just one design...

Reply Level 5 4 Dexter on Aug 30, 2011

For the money they should've gone a bit further and put at least SSD drive, besides the fact that the HDD is just 320GB? And no optical media in a 17-inch full HD display? I guess it's all about the fancy design and touchpad, which btw is unusable for a left-handed gamers.

Reply Level 1 6 Spogy on Jan 19, 2012

Radical!
Way too expensive, but awesome none the less.

Reply Level 1 7 dietcoke on Feb 23, 2012

The review of the Blade is out - beautiful, thin, full hd notebook.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/0​2/22/razer-blade-review/

Reply Level 9 8 Immortal on Feb 24, 2012

reminds me of alienware but waaay much thinner

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.