Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

NOKIA Questions & Answers

NOKIA & Microsoft

Posted by Chubaka on Feb 15, 2011

So, guys, what do you think? Was it a good decision for NOKIA to cooperate with Microsoft?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 2 Jason on Feb 15, 2011

NOKIA desperately needed to replace Symbian. For me their OS was outdated. Microsoft's software and NOKIA's mobile hardware can make one very good mix :)

Reply Level 2 3 Striker on Feb 16, 2011

This union will boost Windows Phone 7 market share a lot. Nokia was always known for making some pretty good devices so the ball is in MS field to turn this union in a success story.

Reply Level 2 4 GreenHornet on Feb 16, 2011

I think that Nokia would have been better off with Android the Windows Phone 7, but this unholy union can be beneficial for both companies

Reply Level 2 5 wicked123 on Feb 16, 2011

Apparently the guys from Nokia are the ones who taken the decision to go with WP7, which is quite strange for me, as android would've been much smarter choice, especially now with all the latest updates. Nokia being in a premium league would've beaten some other phone makers that are rolling out android powered devices like crazy lately. On the other hand, Windows mobile OS is widely recognized as business type, and people would probably expect that from the WP7. Considering Nokia is also well known with it's business class phones, the union starts making sense to me. Only time will tell if it's going to be something big, or just something. :)

Reply Level 2 6 Scrooge on Feb 16, 2011

Well I think NOKIA + Microsoft is a nice one. Imagine budget phones with WP 7

Reply Level 3 7 barryween on Feb 16, 2011

Unfortunately it's only about the high-end phones.

We won't be able to see 1100 with a wp7. It's a shame actually, the natural look of Windows Phone 7 would perfectly fit the monochrome display. http://goo.gl/lUORh No?

Reply Level 2 8 Nexus_Core on Feb 17, 2011

:) You didn't see 1100 with symbian, so WP7 is a no go, I like the idea however :D. I bet there will be midrange devices as well, not only high end.

Reply Level 3 9 MilanFAN on Feb 17, 2011

Well nowadays budget phones are not like Nokia 1100, I think...

Reply Level 2 10 Scrooge on Feb 18, 2011

I'll give you an example - Samsung Galaxy 5, it's not like 1100 but it has Android 2.1 and is a budget phone...

Reply Level 2 11 Jason on Feb 21, 2011

Only time will show whether this combination is wining. I hope so because Nokia is not a bad manufacturer

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.