Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Separate Speakers Questions & Answers

Why I want these

Posted by Crossblade on Mar 08, 2011

I want these. Why? Here is my story:

The nearfield models are designed to be listened at close distance, so their drivers (here it is a 2-way design) are very well combined/matched. The built-in amplifier is also a way to be sure that you have an amp that suits the speaker very well - both as power and as sound signature. As a rule of thumb, studio monitors are designed to sound as true to life as possible (in their budget of course) and can play loud. All this, make me want a pair.

But why these?

Well, I love Fostex. I have 4 different models of Fostex fullrange drivers (206e, 207e, 167e, 87e and have owned 126e before) in the speakers in both my main stereo and surround and at my second stereo system. Great bang for the buck. And here in the NX6-A we have a midbass with a cone as their top midbass (like $250-300 a piece) and a good tweeter. Electronic Crossover is for the tweeter only and it is high, so it is almost a fullrange/widerange + tweeter combo. It should sound great!

The only drawback - these (NX6-A and NX5-A) may need a subwoofer. And a pre-amp (could be passive) for easy volume control. Unfortunately I cannot hear them locally to see if I would love them to buy them.

:)

« Back to all discussions

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.