Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Gaming Wheels Questions & Answers

Wheel or Gamepad for racing games?

Posted by Inferno on Aug 08, 2011

I've always been a fan of racing games and finally I've decided to ditch my keyboard for something more appropriate for the task. What should I get a Wheel or a Gamepad. I don't want to spend more than $100 as well. I don't have much space, that is why I am leaning toward a gamepad, but if it is really much better experience I'll find a place for the wheel.

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 1 addicted on Aug 09, 2011

If you're about to race all the time, I'd go for a gaming wheel. I find Thrustmaster to be fairly priced ($60 - 80) for the quality offered. Just recently played with one of their Ferrari GT racing wheel models and it's cool, although it can not be compared to the pro ones with clutch and stuff. If you get one of these you might even manage to buy a gamepad for the rest of the money and have both.

Reply Level 2 2 MR_MM on Aug 09, 2011

For $100 you can get good gamepad and not so good wheel, so for me better choice is the gamepad.

Reply Level 9 3 Immortal on Aug 09, 2011

I`ve used both and if you`re really into the game the gaming wheel is the solution for you :)

Reply Level 6 4 WingMan on Sep 01, 2011

I had the exact same dilemma and finally decided to take the plunge and bought a wheel. Thrustmaster F430 to be exact. It is one of the cheapest descent wheels on the market and I'm quite happy with it and to tell you the truth, a wheel has no competition when it comes to racing games, but the gamepad will give you the ability to play other games as well.

Reply Level 7 5 I.P.K. on Sep 02, 2011

I don't think you can get quality gaming wheel for under $100...my opinion

Reply Level 6 6 WingMan on Sep 02, 2011

You can, there some really slick deals from time to time.Currently you can get the Logitech Driving force GT for around $110 to 120, and the Thrustmaster F430 for around $130. So if you increase your budget a bit, you can get a descent Force Feedback wheel.

Reply Level 7 7 I.P.K. on Sep 05, 2011

Yeah, but he DON't want to spend more than $100.....

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.