Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Game Consoles Questions & Answers

onlive! game system

Posted by Nexus_Core on Mar 02, 2011

Have anyone tried the onlive! gaming platform? It seems that all the rendering happens on the company's servers and they stream back to you the resulting images. This should bring us powerful and good looking games without the need to upgrade the hardware, ever! And the console itself is so small that it is just ridiculous and it always has all of your games, you just need internet connection. For me this is the future of gaming, I just wish that the subscription fees were a bit lower or to have fixed monthly fee and you play as much as you want everything you want.

You can read more here:
http://www.onlive.com/game-system?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 2 whatnot on Mar 02, 2011

Great, now apple users can play some games too. lol. Seriously, I'll give it a try when I get back home, looks promising. Thanks!

Reply Level 2 3 Captain_Obvious on Mar 03, 2011

Yeah, it works on apple machines, but us Linux users are still out of luck.

I really like the idea of not having to spend my cash on improving my hardware.

Reply Level 2 4 Reaper on Mar 07, 2011

I believe this is the future of gaming, all your games, saves etc. are always with you as long as you have an internet connection, no fancy hardware, no nothing. The gaming system is quite ingenious. The company should really update its list of games quite a bit and use a bit more aggressive pricing.

Reply Level 2 5 MR_MM on Mar 07, 2011

I totally agree with you. This is the way to stop piracy too, I believe

Reply Level 2 6 Konig on Mar 08, 2011

yeah piracy will be nonexistent this way, but i still prefer to enter a game shop, browse through the numerous titles and leave the shop with a precious copy of someones hard work to keep me entertained.

Reply Level 2 7 Smoky on Mar 08, 2011

True but it's not right :(

Reply Level 2 8 cold on Mar 09, 2011

I think that it is a great platform and can`t wait to try it

Reply Level 2 9 Warrior on Mar 11, 2011

I'm not amazed with their games list, but the idea is not bad

Reply Level 2 10 Rastafari on Mar 14, 2011

The game list currently sux, but it should get better when the platform matures.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.