Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Game Consoles Questions & Answers

PS3 modchip....

Posted by Golfman on Aug 19, 2010

Today I read that PS3 modchip will allow backing up games, but the funny thing is that I'm still not interesting in buying one of this....I can't understand what is the purpose of this gadget?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 9 2 Immortal on Aug 20, 2010

After maybe a year of developing they`ve finally made a modchip that doesn`t require disassembling the device, soldering and all the other stuff which cancel the warranty. The purpose is the same as of any other game console...recreation. And now when the modchip is a reality many users will buy PS3 instead of the XBOX 360...after all it is the only real competition of the XBOX.

Reply Level 6 3 WingMan on Aug 20, 2010

Why? Wii is a good competitor :D. Anyways it is a good thing to finally have the option of playing backups on your PS3. This will probably boost the sales of the PS3, but it may be too late for that. XBOX 360 has the majority of the market.

Reply Level 4 4 Chubaka on Aug 20, 2010

Don't forget that PS3 is said to be the best blu-ray disk player on the market, so it's not only a playing console...

Reply Level 3 5 Balistic on Aug 31, 2010

When you think about, you save a couple of hundred $ if you buy a PS3 instead of XBOX 360 and a standalone bluray player. With the modchip more people will go for that option ;)

Reply Level 2 6 El_Pollo_Diablo on Sep 21, 2010

Finally! The timing is perfect, just when i got enough money to by a console ;) It seems pretty straight forward to use as compared to the PS2 soldering type modchips.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.