Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Digital Media Players Questions & Answers

HD Players

Posted by FlameDemon on Sep 23, 2011

Playing HD movies or Bluray is not too difficult for HTPC/ desktop/ laptop with good configurations, but to me, using HD players is still the best & cheapest method to fully integrate and support with other peripherals as a whole to create a home theater system. Commonly, those peripherals are TV, amply, speakers, hd players and so on. So anyone knows well about hd players? I want to ask because there are some good and cheap (cheap here means affordable/ reasonable price with well-built quality, not low quality) out there. I came up with a short list after researching the market:

1. HD Life v5 (Egreat)
2. HD Pro i5 (Datage)
3. HiMedia HD600B
4. MED500X2 (Mede8er)
5. S7A Pro/ Ultra (Egreat)

So, what would I choose?

These ones above are equipped with one of the latest chipsets from Realtek in 2011, while Sigma 8655 was released in 2009.

Sigma is mostly seen in high-end players whereas Realtek is seen in inexpensive players, though it seems that they're nearly the same in media performance.

For more information and details, visit www.iboum.com as it's a website I found during my research that satisfies me with the presentation of all hd players and their up-to-date data.

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 9 1 Immortal on Sep 26, 2011

From your list i will recommend you MED500X2, but i also has two propositions outside your list take a look at Roku 2 XS and Popcorn Hour A-210

Reply Level 3 2 Cyrax on Sep 26, 2011

Have you checked out the western digital TV Live or HD both are 1080p players with good array of features and a decent price.

Reply Level 2 3 FlameDemon on Sep 26, 2011

poor me =.= since i live in VN, and those players you guys mentioned aren't for sales here, anyway thanks a lot! I've already gone for 500X2. BTW, there will be some upcoming well-designed with chip-set of >700Mhz.

Reply Level 9 4 Immortal on Sep 27, 2011

500X2 seems like a good choice...congrats

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.