Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Cell Phones Questions & Answers

android or windows phone

Posted by johnt on Nov 11, 2011

trying to determine which is better? Android or windows OS used to have iPhone 4 no longer have it and leaning towards Galaxy Sii would love a Galaxy Note however do not think it will be released in USA and Sprint is my carrier so I'm very limited.

« Back to all discussions

not rated
1 DaddyChicken on Nov 12, 2011
Level 5 I much prefer Android. If you are someone who loves to customize their device, and want full control of your device, I would fully recommend Android. The SII is a nice device, but I am not a fan. Once again this is where IMO Android has a strength over iOS. You can choose the form factor you prefer. If you like really slim devices, the S2 is a great choice. I found it awkward to hold unless you add a thicker case to it. The Moto Photon would be a nice choice as well. Best bet is to decide what is most important to you, then go down to physically hold, and see the devices. I can tell you that battery life on the Atrix and the screen were what sold me on it. I bought an unlocked device and brought it over to Telus.

I am not a big fan of MS Windows phone. But I do appreciate the fact they have optimized the os to run smoothly on lesser specs required vs Android.

not rated
2 leviathan on Nov 14, 2011
Level 4 I'd go for the GSII or Google Nexus Prime instead of WP7 handset. Sure, Microsoft has done quite a remarkable job, but it just isn't for me. Not to mention that GSII is one of the best handsets (in and out) available now and I can't seem to think of WP7 alternative to that.

not rated
3 Immortal on Nov 14, 2011
Level 9 I have enough BSOD on my PC don`t need Windows Phone :) I prefer android for the same reason @DaddyChicken stated...full control of the device....I`d go for Nexus Prime

not rated
4 I.P.K. on Nov 14, 2011
Level 7 Android for life...do anything I want and the way I like it :)

not rated
5 suli6969 on Nov 22, 2011
Level 1 Right now for me WP7,best integration,easiest to use and best use of resouces.Not as flexible as Android,but I do my tinkering on my computer not my handy 911 call device.WP7 is just what all this phones should be.In the future maybe Android but fragmantation,lag and plain buggy have kept me away,it isnt fully cooked yet,horrible on battery due to how raw it is.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.