Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Cell Phones Questions & Answers

Famous cellphones :)

Posted by Blade on Mar 25, 2011

In 70% of the movies I've watched, the actors use Apple products...I just wonder why they always use them...I was expecting Rim Blackberry, for example :) What are your serveys :D

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 3 2 Balistic on Mar 28, 2011

Yeah the iPhone is in many movies nowadays :). I remember that in the movie "Cellular" the actor used a Nokia 6600.

Reply Level 2 3 Konig on Mar 28, 2011

In Fringe, Peter Bishop used and HTC Evo 4G

Reply Level 6 4 WingMan on Mar 28, 2011

In Ocean's Twelve (or maybe it was Ocean's Eleven), Brad Pitt has a Siemens S65.

Reply Level 3 5 barryween on Mar 28, 2011

Yeah, I've also spotted iPhones, iPads and MacBook Pro's quite a lot in the movies and I wonder if that's actually paid advertising (by Apple) or just what producers find best suitable according to the movie story. Because on the other hand, there are plenty of films in which I can recognize that the laptop is, for instance MacBook Pro, but its illuminated apple logo is hidden behind a sticker.

Reply Level 3 6 Trixey on Mar 28, 2011

I think that all that stuff is a marketing trick

Reply Level 2 7 Lazy on Mar 28, 2011

In most of the cases they show the brand of the phone because they`re sponsored by the manufacturer :)

Reply Level 3 8 Golfman on Mar 29, 2011

totally agree :)

Reply Level 2 9 OldNo7 on Mar 29, 2011

Mostly, people tend to think that it's an advertising campaign. I guess it could be, that's for sure. However, short after the first iPad launched, popular TV show made an episode mainly revolving around the new apple gadget. It turns out they never even got a free device from apple, so I wouldn't be 100% on either side.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.