Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Notebooks Questions & Answers

Tablets vs Netbooks

Posted by FoShizzle on Mar 08, 2011

I've been following the tech news for quite some time and I noticed that recently there weren't any new netbook announcements, only tablets, tablets and even more tablets. It seem to be that the tablet is the replacement of the netbook segment which slowly fades away into oblivion. Tablets offer the same hardware and have a far better optimized software that runs on them, so I think this is the future.

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 2 Weirdo on Mar 08, 2011

I agree tablets are the logical replacement of netbooks which were only good for music and internet and even at this the tablets are better, the only thing that will make me choose a netbook over tablet is the keyboard, but asus has tablets with keyboards now.

Reply Level 2 3 ikarus on Mar 08, 2011

Tablets are lighter and with cooler design, even more ergonomic if you wish. For netbooks and tablets, performance is not the leading feature, so one or two cores, doesn't matter.

Reply Level 2 4 Drifter on Mar 09, 2011

Tablets are better than netbook in almost every aspect, I remember seeing a tablet that runs both Android and Windows 7 so it has the best of both worlds.

Reply Level 2 5 Twisted on Mar 09, 2011

Definately tablets are the right choise especially if you choose one with decent OS and apps

Reply Level 2 6 Reaper on Mar 10, 2011

Tablets are the future, netbooks were just a pointless step between a laptop and a tablet.

Reply Level 2 8 Nexus_Core on Mar 15, 2011

Netbooks are my choice, I'm just more comfortable with PC OS as compared to a touch based one. Feature wise both will suit the normal user just fine.

Reply Level 3 9 superuser on Mar 15, 2011

If I have to choose, I'd go for a tablet. Netbooks and tablets are both designed with mobility in mind, but tablets definitely outweigh the notebooks in terms of look and size and lately in specs too. Also, If you are going to need a mobile device bigger than your touch-screen cell phone for business and entertainment - I'm sure a lot of people would prefer lighter, thinner and faster device with the same capabilities. Plus, in most of the cases you don't have to worry for the avid (in terms of hardware resources) windows OS. Huge plus actually.

Reply Level 3 10 Cyrax on Mar 17, 2011

Well, the tablets didn't surpass the netbooks in terms of specs (yet). The latter still offer more storage space, faster processors (Atom D525) and more ram. However this tells only half the story as tablets utilize their resources better and achieve more than the netbooks with similar or better hardware.

Reply Level 2 11 burningwild on Mar 17, 2011

Netbooks in my opinion used to be positioned between the two most-widely used gadgets - laptops and cell phones. Since apple's first gen iPhone redefined the way of the multi-touch interface, making it a lot easier and nicer to use, the tablets had their chance and conquered the market spot of the netbooks. Tablets nowadays are in their highest demand and I'm expecting a lot of software manufacturers to start expanding their portfolio with touch interface versions built specifically for tablets. Adobe Photoshop on a tablet would be a killer experience. That said, I'd definitely get one. Not sure about the OS yet.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.