Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Notebooks Questions & Answers

Tablets vs Notebooks

Posted by Chubaka on Aug 13, 2010

Do you think that tablets can replace notebooks soon or later?
In my view, for people who use their laptops and netbooks primarily for light-duty web work like email and casual surfing, they can easily replace them.....for gamers..there are desktop PCs :))

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 2 method on Aug 16, 2010

A tablet would hardly replace a notebook, simply for the fact that it couldn't match the notebook's performance. However, I might prefer getting a nice slim and sleek tablet instead of a netbook.

Reply Level 3 3 FoShizzle on Aug 16, 2010

Are you kiddin'. You know the HP TouchSmarts? They are tablets and notebooks in one. So I'm going to disagree about tablet's low power.

Reply Level 2 4 method on Aug 16, 2010

Ok, my bad. I said "tablet" thinking of all touchscreen, thin, single-piece devices -- such as iPad.

IMO HP's TouchSmart tm2 is still a laptop with rotating and folding touchscreen.

Reply Level 4 5 Chubaka on Aug 17, 2010

Search in wikipedia...there are a lot of info about tablets and you'll see different types of "tablets"...

Reply Level 2 6 El_Pollo_Diablo on Aug 17, 2010

Tablets will never replace notebooks IMO, but the line between the two is getting thinner by the minute. The Toshbia Libretto for example is like two tablets stuck together and still providing some notebook grade performance.

Reply Level 4 7 Chubaka on Aug 18, 2010

"Performance" is a strong word for a tablet...

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.