Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

TVs Questions & Answers

What about glassless 3DTV?

TVs

Posted by MilanFAN on Sep 16, 2010

What is the technology of theese TVs? How a TV can give a picture in two layers, and we shouldn't wear those funny glasses? I know it's just a demo for now, but it would be good, if we can buy one of theese TVs in our walmarts.

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 3 2 FoShizzle on Sep 21, 2010

This is the first time I hear about it, it would be pretty cool to scrape those ridiculous glasses. Any info when will these sets hit the stores?

Reply Level 3 3 MilanFAN on Sep 21, 2010

I think that big manufacturers will launch some at the end of the year but I'm not pretty shure...

Reply Level 6 4 WingMan on Sep 23, 2010

According to engadget, we should see those in Q4, probably around the holiday shopping season :). Of course.

Reply Level 3 5 FoShizzle on Sep 23, 2010

According to wiki, these sets will have a price of around $20,000, which is A LOT. So I wouldn't buy those unless they are way way cheaper. As for the technology it seems there are different approaches. One is to embed the glasses in the tv screen. I'm not good at explaining so, better check the video in the link :). Cheers!

http://www.bitrebels.com/techn​ology/tcl-introduces-3d-tv-without-the-glasses/

Reply Level 4 6 Chubaka on Sep 23, 2010

You should start saving money from now :D And I don't see the point of taking away 3D glasses....why they bother you so much? You put them for the movie and then take them off....

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.