Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Sony DSX-S200X Questions & Answers

AUX hook up ?

Posted by Geeee on Jul 01, 2011

The Sony DSX Car "Digital Media Player" do not have any analog AUX.

Is there a way to play my Blackberry or connect any other device via a mini plug connection (headphone out of device to AUX in of the DSX) ?

« Back to all discussions

not rated
1 WingMan on Jul 04, 2011
Level 6 If the player doesn't have an aux port on the back, you can hook up your blackberry to the USB port as a USB Mass storage and use you car player to play the tunes from your device. If you don't have aux there is no way to do this.

p.s. When you click source on your headunit does it have AUX option? I've read that it was an optional with this player. If it does check the back, the aux may be one of the preamp outs (at least it may look like it)

not rated
2 Geeee on Jul 04, 2011
Level 1 WingMan, thanks for the response.

I am still in pursuit. The Blackberry as USB storage might be possible (haven't tried that yet), but I'm still after an analog connection. The Blackberry via mini would get me Pandora in the car.

I've been helped a bit with my efforts by Crutchfield, but I'm still unable to turn on the "BUS IN" rca jacks on the Sony head unit. Sony has a proprietery UNILINK connection in the back. A signal of some sort needs to be sent via the Unilink to get the headunit to turn on the "BUS IN" (ie the analog AUX) and make it useable. There's a special cable to "fool" Sony unilink into thinking a CD player is attached and there-by turning on the analog AUX. The problem I'm facing is; this special cable does not seem to FULLY work with the DSX head unit. Sony designed the DSX to be DIGITAL and so it looks like the special Unilink cable I'm tinkerng with may not be funtional with the DSX.

All this is new to me. I'm still trying whatever I can. Sony makes an XA300 that might work, but its a $100 bucks and I'd rather put that 100 towards speakers :-)

Thanks again

not rated
3 WingMan on Jul 04, 2011
Level 6 I've just checked on ebay and there is currently one auction with a price of $20 and $60 buy it now which is better than the $100 retail. Have you considered changing the headunit altogether if the analog input is so important to you? There are good quality alpine headunits that will give you all of the Sony's features and better sound quality.

I hope I've helped you at least a bit ;). Have a nice day.

p.s. Here is the ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-XA-300-Auxiliary-Input-Adapter-/130541133921?pt=LH_DefaultDom​ain_0&hash=item1e64dba061#ht_5​22wt_1141

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.