Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Motorola DEVOUR Questions & Answers

GREAT PHONE BUT NEEDS MORE FEATURES

Posted by vincesa on Apr 03, 2010

LIKE A BETTER CAMERA WITH FLASH AND IT SHOULD HAVE A DOCK LIKE THE DROID.

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 1 2 MsBlkALABAMA on Apr 04, 2010

"Motorola Devour-Social Networking Smartphone"

Pros: -Metal casing (reminds you of the same casing on the macbook)-Best construction I've ever seen on a smartphone---as I've used a lot of them
-Nice keyboard
-Battery slides in from the side of the phone not in the rear like most
-Talk Time 6.5 hours

Cons: -Low screen resolution--small screen
-Volume (not as loud as my BB Storm 2)
-On/Off Button at top left---flush w/phone-difficult to press
-8 GB Memory Card---most smartphones come w/at least 16 GB Memory Cards

Summary: First, I hold the opinion that if you are a "Business Smartphone user" and 'email' is most important to you, it's difficult to find another smartphone that out performs any Blackberry.

I decided to try the Motorola Devour (Currently using a Blackberry Storm2---before that Blackberry Storm1). I was impressed with the Motorola Devour's metal construction, VCast services and the Keyboard. (I struggle w/typing on my BB Storm 2 touch screen)* I had trouble setting up my mindspring email account. I was easily able to set up my AOL and Yahoo email accounts. Seems a lag time in receiving mail----not quite real time like on my BB Storm 2. The front screen on the Devour uses "MotoBlur" which intergrates social services like Twitter, Facebook and My Space. If socials services are a top priority for you---this phone is great.

If business use is the top priority, this phone falls short. The low resolultion & smaller screen will be noticeable only IF you've used a smartphone with a higher resolution and a larger screen. Resolution on the Motorola Devour is 320x480. The Motorola Droid is
480x854!

In my opinion, the Motorola Devour is more suited for the younger-teen crowd than a business professional. My overall opinion about the phone is that it's "ok".

Again, I have to reiterate, I've used LOTS of phones! The Motorola Devour is the best constructed smartphone I've ever used as the metal construction is solid though heavy.

The talk time on the Motorola Devour is 6.5 hours---which is most impressive.

Additionally given the Motorola Devour is longer than the BB Storm 2 and longer than the Motorola Droid---but the screen is shorter at 3.1 inches vs. 3.7 inches on the Motorola Droid and 3.3 inches on the Blackberry Storm 2.

i plan to sell the Motorola Devour on Ebay. I'm staying with my Blackberry Storm 2.

Oh yea, by the way, the Motorola Devour's camera is merely 3.0 MP with no flash/no docking station!

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.