Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Lenovo G560 Questions & Answers

Dissapointed with Lenovo G560

Posted by jonathan1250 on Nov 16, 2010

A couple of days ago I got Lenovo G560. After 3 hours and 1 Windows 7 installed I was hurrying to take it back to the shop! Reasons?

- Poor build quality
- Defective display - 3-4 pixel wide shadow column at the very right end of the display
- Not working touchpad - the touchpad has been designed as one single piece, no physical buttons. Instead, you click the whole surface of the touchpad at the bottom left or bottom right corners. Here is the problem, the touchpad does not work every time you press the corners. Also the touch surface was not enough sensitive (all drivers installed and configured) and I felt troubles moving the cursor around.

However, I was really pleased with the fast loading times.

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 3 2 MilanFAN on Nov 23, 2010

I've heard for some dozens of Lenovo notebooks, that have this problem (with shadow columns) but for first time I hear for a "poor build quality". This manufacturer, I think, makes one of the best build quality. Not the design but the execution of their notebooks is very solid.

Reply Level 3 3 jonathan1250 on Jan 10, 2011

They probably did good back in the days of the real IBM ThinkPads. Nowadays - I don't even know which brand to choose. I guess I should be looking primarily at the warranty and support and less at the brand's name.

Reply Level 6 4 WingMan on Jan 10, 2011

Sony, Apple are both brands know for their quality products so you can't go wrong with either one. Acer makes good products as well and I've never had any troubles with my notebook and they are cheaper than the above mentioned.

Reply Level 3 5 MilanFAN on Jan 10, 2011

for me...Dell is the optimal choice...Apple and Sony are ok, but you will pay too much only just for the brand

Reply Level 4 7 Chubaka on Jan 10, 2011

I agree... for me Dell is the golden mean between quality and price

Reply Level 9 6 Immortal on Jan 10, 2011

This is a useful piece of info...I was going to buy one...Thanks

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.