Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

HP Questions & Answers


Posted by TopGreyWolf on Apr 27, 2011

I need to purchase at firewire port (PCI card) for my HPE 410Y desk top. This is so I can import digitasl video from my JVC DV Camcorder. My HP does not have a 1394 port. I have tried conversion programs that convert mpeg to avi but the video, when converted is not true avi format. I was told by HP to buy a dv 4 pin to 6 pin usb, but my computer does not recognize the device. JVC stated that: "If your PC does not support this connection, a DV to USB cable is not going to help. What will, is installing a DV card on your PC..." Frankly, I am sick and tired of messing around with this. Can you recommend at dv card (Firewire 1394) that will work with my computer? Thanks-Dave

« Back to all discussions

not rated
2 WingMan on Apr 28, 2011
Level 6 all PCI Firewire cards (not just ports with cables) should work with your computer as long as the card has its own firewire controller. Take a look at newegg or other online reseller, they are not expensive either.​ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DE​PA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Descripti​on=firewire+pci&x=0&y=0
not rated
3 ndroid on Apr 29, 2011
Level 3 Hi Dave, HP might've suggested getting 4-pin mini to 6-pin FireWire cable, which can be used with the appropriate firewire card installed on your PC. Check out the link above and make sure to get the cable as well. I think that will solve your issues. I've personally had the same trouble with a JVC DV camcorder but never actually take the action to fix it because it wasn't mine and the guy just stopped using it due to upgrade.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.