Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Acer Questions & Answers

Acer Iconia tab A500

Posted by non-existant on Sep 18, 2011

Hi all, recently bought an Acer Iconia A500 tablet. I now need a 12v power supply tip. Either in a car charger setup or otherwise.
I also use an iGo power supply unit which I use to power other gadgets while away from 240v mains power.
Can anybody help. Cheers Diver David

« Back to all discussions

7 bcole39 on Nov 29, 2011
Level 2 I talked w/an Acer rep yesterday. There is no alternative charging mechanism. You must have their proprietary cord. Even if you order the docking station, it comes without a cord.

not rated
1 non-existant on Sep 18, 2011
Level 1 Also does anybody know the power tip dimensions for the A500??
Cheers

not rated
2 Dexter on Sep 19, 2011
Level 5 Hi, you can find a custom made car charger on Amazon. Unfortunately, can't help with the tip dimensions. You can either get a custom built car charger, or measure the tip yourself, find out the correct polarity and chek iGo's tip page to get one for your existing on-the-go charger.

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/charger-adapter-ICONIA-tablet-10S16U/dp/B0056WQ768/ref=sr_1_​1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=13​16412543&sr=1-1

not rated
3 I.P.K. on Sep 19, 2011
Level 7 I think you use micro-USB to charge your tablet....if so, you should search for car charger with micro-USB.

not rated
4 Immortal on Sep 20, 2011
Level 9 If you have Walmart(or some alternative) nearby, go there and see which connector fits :) I also can`t find the tip dimensions anywhere...

not rated
5 non-existant on Sep 20, 2011
Level 1 Thanks so far for the replys, but iGo is no go.
Mini USB charging is not a happening thing.
Have searched many electrical stores for a tip but still no go.
Currently not able to get an accurate measure myself.....
Custom build is an option but still need the tip size.......
Cheers DD

not rated
8 WingMan on Dec 01, 2011
Level 6 Can you please share with US a picture of the connector so we can help you. You can upload it to imageshack or sth similar.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.