Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Acer Questions & Answers

Problem with drivers for Nvidia 310M?

Posted by Chubaka on Aug 17, 2010

So I tried to update the drivers for my video card (Nvidia 310M 512 MB), I downloaded the drivers from Nvidia's site and after installing a message popuped. It said that the driver didn't support my video card....what can be the reason?

« Back to all discussions

not rated
2 MilanFAN on Aug 24, 2010
Level 3 Did you try to install older version of the video drivers? For example not the last one but the one before it...

not rated
4 Balistic on Aug 31, 2010
Level 3 Which drivers did you download? On NVIDIA's website there are two 300 series. 300 and 300M. You may have accidentally downloaded desktop card drivers instead of mobile ones.

not rated
6 vinchaitu on Apr 03, 2011
Level 1 I've Aspire 5745, which hangs frequently. I reinstalled OS so many times. I dont even have the bootable OS dvd's. what to do now? ACER ppl r nt solving my problem :( I'm tired of installing OS for so many times...

not rated
7 Immortal on Apr 04, 2011
Level 9 I guess the problem you`re having is with the hardware....it is pointless to reinstall more than once....if it doesn`t work the first time search the problem elsewhere.....check the temperatures of the CPU there might be dust blocking the cooling or sth

not rated
8 superuser on Apr 06, 2011
Level 3 Vinchaitu, try installing the latest ubuntu and see if it's hardware related as Immortal suggests. If it works fine running ubuntu, Id suggest getting the latest windows 7 OEM and make sure its fully updated. Also check if all drivers are up-to-date at http://support.acer.com. You might want to install all acer specific software that comes with the laptop, usually these apps are designed to improve the performance. If you still can't see an improvement, take it to the official repair center. Good luck.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.