Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Cell Phones Questions & Answers

Do you use your cell phone for remote control?

Posted by ikarus on Jun 24, 2011

So, do anyone really use his cell phone as remote control? I saw there is apps for every platform, but can't really imagine what it is like....Can you control more than one device and should it be only TV?

« Back to all discussions

1 Dexter on Jun 24, 2011
Level 5 I used to use an iPhone to remotely controlling my mac which was cold, since I haven't bought the original apple remote. Before that used my old Sony Ericsson k750i to control the PC mouse via bluetooth. Pretty cool for lazy-ass guys like myself who doesn't like to move a lot :).

2 I.P.K. on Jun 24, 2011
Level 7 Cell phone can be used as a remote for PS3, A/V receivers, media players and much more...it's a nice feature for lazy-ass guys, as Dexter said :D

3 Yiumi on Jun 27, 2011
Level 2 Back in the day when there was an infrared on smartphones, there were apps that let you control every electronics in your home, but now you are limited to your computer and a handful of receivers.

not rated
4 Crossblade on Jun 29, 2011
Level 5 I use the iPhone's:
Remote app - for iTunes control - it is beautiful !
Boxee app - for Boxee (Multimedia HT center) control - this is the best HTplayer for me.

They work on both Mac and Windows computers

not rated
5 Immortal on Jun 29, 2011
Level 9 I`m not sure but i think that most modern cell phones doesn`t have IR...how the hell can you control the TV without a third party module? I`m personally using the plugin in the Winamp in Android to control the winamp of my home PC through wireless.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.