Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Notebooks Questions & Answers

Horizontal screen lines (1 pixel) - can it be fixed?

Posted by McLaren on Apr 11, 2011

Hey, my notebook recently started showing horizontal lines at the full weight of the display. The lines are about (I'm guessing) 1 px and in an attempt to close the lid and then reopen it (without shutting off or sleeping) would eventually disappear. Those lines are presented sometimes at pre-os environment (bios) so I guess it's either GPU chip failure or cable connection problem? How can I fix that?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 7 2 I.P.K. on Apr 11, 2011

go to the service :)

Reply Level 2 3 InFlames on Apr 12, 2011

You`re right it is either artefacts from deffective video chip or screwed up cable connecting the matrix to the motherboard....I doubt that you`ll be able to fix it by yourself...

Reply Level 3 4 Cyrax on Apr 13, 2011

If it fixes itself when opening and closing like you said, I believe that the issue is in the cable, probably around the hinge area as it takes the most beating.

Reply Level 3 5 superuser on Apr 14, 2011

Check out this page - http://www.laptopparts101.com/​lcd-screen-video-cable/

Gives an idea how the wires are connected, where to find them and what will be needed in order to fix 'em. My choice would be to take it to professionals and leave them to do their job properly.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.