Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Graphic Cards Questions & Answers

Fan/Heatsink change?

Posted by iso on Aug 10, 2010

I have this card for about 3.5 years now and the factory fan is now quite noisy. I would like to change it with a new one. What manufacturer should I look for in order to get good performance at low noise levels? Any advice is appreciated.

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 9 2 Immortal on Aug 10, 2010

I can recommend you "Zalman VF1000 LED Silent Video Cooler". It has 4 heatpipes and it would definately make less noise than the factory fan.

Reply Level 3 3 MilanFAN on Aug 10, 2010

I suggest to lubricate your fan with extra fine grease, and if then It's not OK change the fan. I think you should change the whole video card

Reply Level 3 4 FoShizzle on Aug 11, 2010

Man its not worth it to get the Zalman. It may be good but i bet its worth more than your graphics. Just get the cheapest you can find at your local PC store and get it over with. Or you can just change the card like MilanFan said, Its pretty outdated.

Reply Level 2 5 StaticFX on Aug 12, 2010

3.5 years and you are going to fix it? you could probably get a whole new 7600 GS card for $50. But i would not even recommend that... I would get a new card altogether. They have come a long way in 3.5 years.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.