Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Microsoft Windows Phone 7.5 Questions & Answers

Will wp7.5 mango sync with outlook (without the cloud thing)

Posted by alllrite on Oct 04, 2011

I got a Windows 7 phone because I thought it was time to retire my pda and have a personal cell phone. (the one I share with my wife is always lost or the battery is dead).
Much to my surprise windows 7 doesn't sync outlook using mobile device center. I still have a few days before I trade it for a blackberry or iphone but wp7.5 has me wondering if they got the message: The cloud thingy is great for toys, but not for business. My company will not support the cloud. So my question is, does it sync outlook with windows mobile center like my old pda with wm6 does? if not it's an expensive toy that I'll need to get rid of.
thank you

bruce

« Back to all discussions

1 Immortal on Oct 04, 2011
Level 9 In order to sync wp7 with outlook:
1.Create Windows Live Hotmail email account
2.Install Outlook Hotmail Connector
http://www.microsoft.com/downl​oad/en/details.aspx?id=24677
3.Add your Windows Live Hotmail account to Outlook and your contacts,calendars and emails will be synced

Now when you login with your LiveID from your WP7 everything will be synced

not rated
2 alllrite on Oct 04, 2011
Level 1 thank but I'm asking about WP7.5. If it requires the same process as wp7 then it will not work with windows mobile device and is of no use to me. Requiring the sync to go through windows live is requiring a step that is not considered secure by my company.

if anyone knows if this has changed with 7.5 I am still wanting an answer

not rated
3 alllrite on Oct 05, 2011
Level 1 I 'm now a blackberry owner

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.