Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Barnes & Noble NOOKcolor Questions & Answers

Honeycomb update - unofficial port for NookColor

Posted by cerealkiller on Jan 31, 2011

The guys at the xda-developers got the newest Android 3.0 ported for the Nookcolor. Although not really working properly (for now), I'm just excited to see this coming, cause NOOKcolor is not a bad tablet at all and now it gets even better.

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 2 FlawLess on Jan 31, 2011

It's a ebook reader, and that Android will add some extra features which is not a bad idea. It will look like more as tablet.

Reply Level 2 3 LungDarts on Jan 31, 2011

Yhe guys at XDA will fix all bugs in several weeks and it will be a great update for the NOOKcolor....way to go

Reply Level 9 4 Immortal on Feb 01, 2011

Android is definately going to boost the functionality of the device from eBook reader to tablet....I would really like to see it in action

Reply Level 2 5 Weirdo on Feb 03, 2011

Android will make anything a tablet, even your microwave if it had a touchscreen display.

Reply Level 3 6 Golfman on Feb 03, 2011

* Off Topic - I'm sure there is already that kind of device :D

Reply Level 3 7 Trixey on Feb 03, 2011

Android and NOOKcolor - great idea. I didn't see any reason why this e-book reader is chromatic, but now this feature will be +. Just imagine your favorite games, running on this babe - sweet :)

Reply Level 2 8 zac25 on Feb 03, 2011

What's the graphics/cpu of the Nook? Would it handle playing games?

Reply Level 2 9 Inferno on Feb 04, 2011

I read somewhere that it has this hardware up its sleeve. Which should make Android fly. Basically these two are the same as the ones in Droid 2 and Droid X

ARM Cortex A8-based Ti OMAP 3621 @ 800 MHz
PowerVR SGX530 Graphics

Reply Level 2 10 Agon87 on Feb 04, 2011

E-book reader with such a hardware...these people are crazy :)

Reply Level 3 11 barryween on Feb 04, 2011

Nice specs btw. Considering the price tag of $249 I guess it's not a bad deal at all.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.