Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Toshiba Satellite L635 Kids' PC Questions & Answers

Kids toy or a full blown notebook?

Posted by El_Pollo_Diablo on Sep 24, 2010

According to akihabaranews the thing has a celeron processor and 2 gigs of RAM. Will I be able to use this to watch HD movies and casual gaming or it is nothing more than a big netbook?

http://en.akihabaranews.com/62​490/laptops/toshiba-introduces-flashy-satellite-l635-s3030-laptop

« Back to all discussions

not rated
2 Golfman on Sep 24, 2010
Level 3 I think that you will be able to play some old games (2-3 years old) without a problem, but this CPU is meant to consume little power not to support high end games ....

not rated
3 Zangetsu on Sep 24, 2010
Level 3 Golfman got it right, there isn't much info about this CPU but it is 2GHz dual core. So you'll probably be able to play games at moderate or low details, don't expect much thought. As for the HD it depends on what graphics will this thing house, but i believe that movies won't be a problem.

not rated
4 Immortal on Sep 27, 2010
Level 9 You will definately be able to watch HD movies and play games at low details...it is a great low cost solution

not rated
6 Balistic on Oct 12, 2010
Level 3 It seems pretty adequate for daily usage to me. Gaming, as Immortal said, will be possible with less demanding games, HD movies will be playable as well, so to me this notebook seem good for the things you'll be using it for.

not rated
7 jonathan1250 on Oct 20, 2010
Level 3 Looks fresh and powerful enough, unless you render movies. lol. Durability is only a plus.

not rated
8 WingMan on Oct 20, 2010
Level 6 The notebook is good for general computing. It will fit your needs nicely.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.