Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Motorola DEFY Questions & Answers

Motorola Defy - Is it any good?

Posted by WingMan on Jan 17, 2011

Hello guys, i'm planning on getting this phone because I really like its looks, ruggednes and Android OS. Does anyone know if it is futerproof, I mean will it get any new updates v2.2 or 2.3. Is the hardware enaugh for the next couple of years, etc. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.

« Back to all discussions

not rated
2 Inferno on Jan 18, 2011
Level 2 It seemed good to me when I played with it at the T-mobile store, however Motorola did confirm a 2.2 update for the defy, but did not mention anything else. We can just hope.

not rated
3 MilanFAN on Jan 18, 2011
Level 3 This phone is mid-to-high class, so I think it should be supported for the new Android versions. If not, you can always rooted, and download custom ROMs :)

not rated
4 Twisted on Jan 18, 2011
Level 2 The hardware is more than enough considering that each new android release is lighter then the previous...and i`m sure that if you look at xda developers forums you`ll find plenty of info about the os update :] Good Luck

not rated
5 WingMan on Jan 19, 2011
Level 6 Ok, I got the phone yesterday and so far I'm very pleased with it, but I don't understand much of the OS :). Its gonna take a while, but i kinda like it. Thanks.

not rated
6 Freddy on Jan 19, 2011
Level 2 I`m thinking of buying one of those...do you have any problems with it or it is too early to tell

not rated
7 zac25 on Jan 19, 2011
Level 2 Decent screen, nice shape, lousy OS. Otherwise great for being rugged.

not rated
12 WingMan on Jan 24, 2011
Level 6 After using it for a while now, I like the phone a lot and would recommend it to anyone who would like a tough and quick smartphone. However there are some things I'm not very fond of. The power button is not as tight as I would like and give a clapping sound, also there is a creaking sound when i hold the phone too tight. But all this doesn't make it any less awesome ;)

not rated
15 Roberta on Jan 28, 2011
Level 2 I've read in some forums, that the Defy has a problem with the ear piece ....

not rated
17 superuser on Feb 01, 2011
Level 3 Wow, I didn't expect that from Motorola. For a rugged device (and for any device actually) they just failed big time, especially if it's factory fault.

not rated
18 Roberta on Feb 01, 2011
Level 2 Nowadays manufacturers don't make phones. they make multi-functional devices. They make the camera to work perfect, for example, and phone functions are somewhere at the back.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.