Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Microsoft Windows Phone 7 Questions & Answers

Thoughts on MS's latest mobile OS

Posted by Cyrax on Feb 24, 2011

I had the chance to play a bit with windows phone 7 device (HTC 7 Pro) and I'm not very impressed. The interface looks stunning with lots of animations and effects and it is very simple, but I don't understand why did the have to make all apps in single list, It takes forever to scroll through them. Furthermore the side scrolling looks nice, but it is not very comfortable to use at least for me. Have you guys played with it? What do you think?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 2 leprechaun on Feb 24, 2011

I've never played with it. Still I think, that it will take 2 or 3 years to become a great OS.

Reply Level 2 3 Freddy on Feb 24, 2011

I agree with that statement especially when I read about the bricked phones from the first WP7 update

Reply Level 2 4 Konig on Feb 25, 2011

I've read that as well, I wonder who will cover the repair costs MS or Samsung (i read it happens with certain samsung phones). The OS actually looks promising, but not mature enough, yet.

Reply Level 2 5 Hatebreed on Feb 25, 2011

After a year of development and debugging WP7 might become a good OS...but for now it is a compilation of complications :)

Reply Level 2 6 Gamester on Feb 28, 2011

Not to forget that their app store is still empty (at least it's not full as the Android market and Apple store)

Reply Level 2 7 LungDarts on Mar 01, 2011

They need a lot more development and apps indeed...otherwise it is going to be an epic fail

Reply Level 2 8 Gamester on Mar 02, 2011

I read that the Marketplace has the highest growth among the other stores

Reply Level 2 9 cassie on Mar 09, 2011

But they still need a lot of development... :)

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.