Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Google Android Questions & Answers

Does HTC Raider have a scratch proof screen??

Posted by aeyque on Jan 28, 2012

Motorola RAZR has a scratch proof screen i.e. they used Guerilla Glass!! is Raider's screen a scratch proof screen too??

« Back to all discussions

not rated
1 Dexter on Jan 28, 2012
Level 5 Wait to be announced first. At this point it is all rumors.

P.S. It's Gorilla glass btw, produced by Corning Inc.

not rated
2 aeyque on Jan 30, 2012
Level 2 but HTC Raider was released a few months ago. And in Canada, it is available for 100 CAD by Rogers. Nobody mentioned that??

not rated
3 Dexter on Jan 30, 2012
Level 5 Right, my bad. I thought it is still the rumored HTC Holiday also known as Raider, which at the time were just a rumored device with little chance to get announced.

To be honest, I can't seem to find anything that remotely indicates Gorilla Glass in the device's screen (looking at the official Rogers page of the device). However, a member of the community at rogers discussion boards, says that HTC Technical support has confirmed that the screen is indeed Corning's Gorilla Glass.

Quote:
"Thank you for contacting HTC Technical support about if your Raider device has Gorilla Glass for the screen of your device. In our commitment to quality, HTC pioneered the use of shatterproof glass in smartphones. At the time, Corning was the only manufacturer and we used their product, Gorilla Glass. Since then, many manufactures have developed and advanced shatter-proof glass technology, allowing HTC to use the highest quality cutting edge shatterproof glass in our smartphones while keeping costs low for our customers."

And here's the thread: http://communityforums.rogers.​com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/b​oard-id/Android/thread-id/4700/page/35

not rated
4 I.P.K. on Jan 30, 2012
Level 7 In Wiki is written, that it has Gorilla Glass.

not rated
5 aeyque on Jan 30, 2012
Level 2 @dexter Thank you very much! That was really helpful :)

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.