Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Apple iPad Questions & Answers

Do you think Apple will announce smaller iPad?

Posted by superuser on Feb 15, 2012

Stumbled upon some news suggesting that Apple might introduce smaller iPad along with the iPad 3. Personally I don't think there will be smaller iPad, and if the point behind those rumors is cheaper device, that's definitely not going to happen. What do you think?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 1 aeyque on Feb 15, 2012

I think its true. I have also heard it from many sources. But I dont think that iPad with smaller screen size will cost less than iPad 2 or other pads..

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/02​/14/wsj-reports-ipad-3-to-come-with-lte-connectivity-could-come-in-8-inch-version/

Reply Level 3 3 Nitro on Feb 15, 2012

I highly doubt it. For most people 10" is the perfect size for a tablet and so is the iPad. If they by any chance do it, 7" will be the best bet.

Reply Level 7 4 I.P.K. on Feb 15, 2012

As far as I remember there were same rumors about smaller iPhone along with iPhone 4S.... :)

Reply Level 9 5 Immortal on Feb 15, 2012

I really doubt they`ll announce smaller iPad :D

Reply Level 4 6 sgrinavi on Feb 16, 2012

You never know what AAPL is going to pull out of their bag of tricks, but if the rumors are true that the iPad 3 & the iPhone 5 are going to be released with major changes I would bet 70/30 against them coming out with a third radically different product.

Reply Level 5 8 Dexter on Feb 17, 2012

It is a possibility. My opinion is that iPad's will be selling well enough with a higher density screen with their current 9.7" size. However, the market is literally flooded with smaller and cheaper android devices. This limits the choice Apple gives to its users in the tablet form factor, thus *probably* loosing some market share. If they put out cheaper 8-incher (not $200 but cheaper than the current iPad2), that'll definitely bring some sales.

Reply Level 4 9 leviathan on Feb 29, 2012

Apple will be announcing the next version of the iPad in a couple of days (March 7). Some tech writers suggest it will have high resolution "retina" display and faster cpu along with some other changes (RAM, HD front facing camera) and no home button. The bumped up specs make a lot of sense, but the lack of a home button? What do you think?

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.