Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

AMD Questions & Answers

AMD follows in Intel's footsteps, integrating graphics in CPU

AMD

Posted by Zangetsu on Jan 05, 2011

AMD decided to integrate the Radeon HD 6250 graphics into its latest line of CPU's. I find this a good idea, borrowed from Intel and its Core i3/i5 lines. The integrated graphics will hopefully bring motherboard prices down a bit as there is less in them. The GPU doesn't sound bad at all to me, it has half the core speed of intel's solution with its 280MHz (512MHz in GMA HD), but makes up with 80 stream processors, Direct X 11 and shader model 5.0. All in all quite nice for onboard graphics, but not a speed machine.

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 4 2 Chubaka on Jan 06, 2011

Yeah, I think it was time for AMD to do something like that....it's a good solution for those who need PC for browsing and work. And it's a good offer to buy CPU and GPU all together.

Reply Level 3 3 Balistic on Jan 07, 2011

This so no different than buying a CPU and motherboard (with graphics included), the only thing that this will bring is higher CPU prices. You won't benefit from the CPU graphics as compared to chipset ones

Reply Level 3 4 jonathan1250 on Jan 07, 2011

Would it be able to play full hd properly? Or messing up with Photoshop without lagging?

Reply Level 6 5 WingMan on Jan 07, 2011

Looking at the specs, Full HD shouldn't be a problem with this graphic card :).

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.