Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

LG Questions & Answers

Is there a point in buying a dual core phone?

Posted by Immortal on Apr 04, 2011

I`m going to change my android cell and I was wondering if there is really a point having a dualcore cellphone...are there really apps that need that much of a resource?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 2 FlawLess on Apr 04, 2011

Maybe some games...but if you want a compatible phone in future I think you should buy a dual core cell phone....if you have the money of course

Reply Level 3 3 Balistic on Apr 05, 2011

I think its better to look for a Tegra phone, rather than a dual-core one. Currently there is no point in having so much power, but things are going to change.

Reply Level 2 4 whatnot on Apr 05, 2011

These 4" monsters are getting closer to the tablets. I guess lots of future phones will have dual-core CPUs to answer the power demand of the high res playback/capturing. However, the specs aren't panacea. There are a lot of opportunities and developments to be made. I'm sure Android will be getting even closer to what I consider one nice OS. Specs are just the start. So, yeah, If you plan to change your device in the near future, go for the one that best suites you like overall experience. If you don't change your phones frequently and wish to be prepared for the future, the dual-core phone like the Optimus 2X is your best bet.

Reply Level 2 5 Rastafari on Apr 06, 2011

Fast is good, faster is better and fastest is best. Same goes for mobile phones. Get the most powerful one you can afford ;). I bet that soon we'll see apps that can make good use of the two cores.

Reply Level 3 6 Golfman on Apr 06, 2011

I will buy a dual-core phone, just not LG one :)

Reply Level 2 7 cassie on Apr 07, 2011

If I need that much power i`m gonna head for a tablet or hmmm what was its name.....notebook

Reply Level 2 9 FlawLess on Apr 08, 2011

And can you put it in your pocket :D:D:D

Reply Level 2 8 burningwild on Apr 08, 2011

LG's back in the game. If I wanted an Android powered handset I'll definitely consider this one. Looks slick, too.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.