Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Operating Systems Questions & Answers

Palm's webOS vs iOS and Android

Posted by Konig on Jan 25, 2011

Finally, today I had the chance to play with a Palm Pre for a couple of hours and I really enjoyed my experience with the OS, it seemed quick, responsive and fully featured. It may have more options than iOS, but they are not even comparable when you put the app stores in the equation.

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 2 Hatebreed on Jan 25, 2011

Android has more developers => more application in Android Market, the OS is intuitive and lightweight...it definately kicked windows mobile ass. The only real competition is iOS

Reply Level 2 3 Nexus_Core on Jan 26, 2011

Agreed, the few things that iOS does better are: ease of use, more applications, more stable environment.

Reply Level 3 4 Zangetsu on Jan 27, 2011

Even though I'm not an Apple fanboy, I must admit that the easiest OS to get around is iOS, then comes Android and webOS. If you are a geeky person that loves to tweak and tinker with his stuff, Android is the obvious choice.

Reply Level 3 5 MilanFAN on Jan 27, 2011

I think that, if you wish you can make your Android easy to use. You have the power to do so....In future, for me, Android and Windows mobile will be the real competitors

Reply Level 3 6 barryween on Feb 04, 2011

Could be true, although I really doubt it.

Reply Level 2 7 Inferno on Feb 07, 2011

Microsoft needs to push more Windows phone 7 devices on the market before we can even consider the OS.

As far as I'm concerned the Android and iOS are targeted at different groups of people, but to me Android is currently the better OS.

Reply Level 2 8 Jason on Feb 07, 2011

It depends on the person...one like iOS, other like Android. Even there is people who like Symbian, though I can't understand why :D

Reply Level 2 9 Undead on Feb 07, 2011

I don`t think that webOS is any real competition to anyone....Android on the other hand is constantly developed and I believe that in several months will be the most user friendly and functional mobile OS on the market

Reply Level 3 10 superuser on Feb 18, 2011

I just looked at some hands-on videos of the Palm's (now HP's) WebOS. It looks pretty amazing in action. Check out the TouchPad video here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v​=TVXL7Qccatc

Reply Level 2 11 leprechaun on Feb 18, 2011

TouchPad is something different, it's not a phone. What about smartphones...I think they are not amazing.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.