Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Cell Phones Questions & Answers

Samsung Galaxy Nexus or Motorola DROID Razr?

Posted by ndroid on Oct 19, 2011

If you had to choose an Android high-end smartphone now, which one would you get and why?

To me the Samsung Galaxy Nexus seems to be more reasonable choice as it comes with the latest Android ICS and it certainly deserves your attention for it's beautiful SAMOLED 1280x720 display (which is also the ICS native res). However, Motorola DROID Razr is one of the thinnest and great looking rugged devices I've seen lately, so this won't be an easy choice for die-hard Android fans. What you think?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 4 1 sgrinavi on Oct 19, 2011

Same dilemma here for the same reasons... I dunno, I might try them both and return the one I don't like.

Reply Level 1 2 Opteron on Oct 19, 2011

Motorola DROID Razr!!!

Reply Level 1 3 Obsidianite on Oct 19, 2011

SN hands down. Higher resolution, no bloatware, ease of use. U can always get a discreet rubber case if ruggedness is that important.

Reply Level 7 4 I.P.K. on Oct 19, 2011

I don't care about the cool design of Motorola Razr...I want 720p display and ice cream sandwich :)

Reply Level 9 5 Immortal on Oct 19, 2011

+1 on Galaxy Nexus...latest android, frequent updates and great hardware :)

Reply Level 2 6 addicted on Oct 20, 2011

Just read that the Droid RAZR will be updated to Ice Cream Sandwich in the beginning of 2012.

Reply Level 6 7 WingMan on Oct 20, 2011

The Nexus. I've had bad experience with Motorola phones, I just hope this one is different.

Reply Level 1 8 jojo63 on Oct 25, 2011

moto's boot loader is locked down... no rooting... no rom flashing fun.
Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Reply Level 5 9 DaddyChicken on Oct 29, 2011

jojo63 - the bootloader on the moto is supposed to be unlocked.

I have an Atrix and I love it. I wouldn't snub Moto phones. But, specs on the Nexus just are a little more tempting. I will likely upgrade to the nexus.

Reply Level 4 10 sgrinavi on Oct 30, 2011

@DaddyChicken - What are your sources? Everything I have been reading says the Razr bootloader will be locked down in the USA and unlocked in the versions that are shipping out of the country.

The only thing that I don't get is why there's no memory card for the Nexus.... kinda of a bummer.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.