Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Cell Phones Questions & Answers

Do we need 3D cell phones?

Posted by Scrooge on Feb 21, 2011

What are your opinions about 3D cell phones? Is this innovation necessary feature or it will just make devices more expensive? Will you use it if your phone has it? C'mon share your vision :)

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 2 Roberta on Feb 21, 2011

If I have a 3D phone, really don't know what I will do with it....maybe I will preview my photos. But I will never buy one of those... for me it's meaningless

Reply Level 2 3 El_Pollo_Diablo on Feb 22, 2011

We don't need most of the tech that comes out. 3D TV's are not needed, but are enjoyable to watch. Same goes for the cell phones, we don't actually need them to have 3D displays, but If they do I bet that they will become popular, mainly because it will be the newest and hottest thing on the market at that time.

Reply Level 2 4 Inferno on Feb 22, 2011

Not needed, but I would definitely want one if the 3D part works without glasses.

Reply Level 4 5 Chubaka on Feb 22, 2011

Until there is no real 3d products for cell phones (movies, programs, OS), I don't need one of them.

Reply Level 2 6 FlawLess on Feb 22, 2011

It will be interesting to see this kind of gadget, though I prefer 3D TV in my home. If the cellphone is entertainment directed 3D will be nice feature, but if it's business class phone - I think it's unnecessary

Reply Level 2 7 49ers on Feb 22, 2011

Hm, shooting 3D photos/movies is one good option, but overall, no, I wouldn't buy one just for the 3D. I'd definitely consider the device for its specs, because I'm sure its gonna be stuffed with the newest hardware, which means enough power juice for the latest apps/OS updates etc. By the way, is there any other phone maker that will produce 3D phones, apart from LG?

Reply Level 3 8 MilanFAN on Feb 23, 2011

As far as I know Samsung are wondering whether to take this step or not.

Reply Level 9 9 Immortal on Feb 23, 2011

I don`t get all the deal with 3D...they`ll start using 3D in Microwave displays soon...In my opinion it is too much and as @Roberta said it is meaningless

Reply Level 2 10 trespasser on Feb 23, 2011

Well, in my opinion, 3D is good for entertaining purposes, such as watching high-def movies, whether at the cinema or at the comfort of your own home. But definitely not suitable for every piece of device. If LG hit a good number of sales with the optimus 3d, I bet the "tablet" situation will re-emerge, and we'll have plenty of 3d enabled devices available. However, my opinion might not be taken into account, since I haven't seen one live -- and thus it could actually be the next amazing innovation.

P.S.: but if it was, LG probably wouldn't be the first company to announce it. :)

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.