Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Cell Phones Questions & Answers

High-res LCD or S/AMOLED?

Posted by cerealkiller on Jan 20, 2011

Hi, I'm wondering what are the main advantages of an S/AMOLED display besides the vibrant deep colors? Yesterday I played a bit with a Galaxy S with SAMOLED screen, great colors, but somehow I managed to see the individual pixels. It's probably just me, but I didn't liked it at all. I'd definitely go for a high-res display. Are there any S/AMOLEDs with, lets say, retina ppi?

« Back to all discussions

Reply Level 2 2 Nexus_Core on Jan 21, 2011

Not quite retina display resolution yet. The main benefit of super amoled is the stunning colors. I've seen a high resolution display on a Motorola (no IPS,AMOLED, Super LCD or any other neat techs) and you cant see a pixel anywhere, but the colors don't look as saturated as on the Galaxy S, but to me the look more natural.

Reply Level 2 3 zac25 on Jan 21, 2011

Viewing angles are also better on the amoleds, but considering you'll be using the device primarily looking straight at it (not at some weird angle) it's kind of minor advantage.

Reply Level 3 4 Trixey on Jan 21, 2011

I read some info about S AMOLED displays, and as far as I understand the pixeled view, is because of the technology used for their making. As for the Samsung Galaxy S, the problem may be the big screen and not so big resolution. I wonder what if S AMOLED display is used for 3" screen?

Reply Level 2 5 ikarus on Jan 24, 2011

S/AMOLED is just amazing. Very contrast and bright picture, and if there is some more pixels it's because of the resolution...

Reply Level 2 6 Ahmed on Jan 25, 2011

The super Amoled in galaxy S is high res - 800x480, but there is still some pixelation. This is probably a downside to the technology, but it will improve eventually.

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.