Compare Gadgets Vs. Compare

Notebooks Questions & Answers

How to refresh the exterior of my old Dell?

Posted by ikarus on Feb 03, 2011

Hi pals, I want to refresh my Dell, 'cause there are several scratches on it. I looked around for some "skins", but I'm not pleased with them. They are very thick and don't look very nice. I wonder if there is some kind of folio or other way to repaint my notebook ? :)

« Back to all discussions

not rated
2 zac25 on Feb 03, 2011
Level 2 I've seen some DIY paint job projects and must say it worths the time taken. A nice refresh on the inside (painting only palm-rest areas) with grey matte color and probably a nice skin on the outside would do for me.

not rated
3 cold on Feb 03, 2011
Level 2 There are some quality skins too, but they`re more expensive...

not rated
6 WingMan on Feb 04, 2011
Level 6 If there aren't any deep scratches you can try and polish them out with fine grade polishing compound and a piece of cloth. It should bring back the shine.

http://www.notebookreview.com/​default.asp?newsID=4545

not rated
8 Helix on Feb 07, 2011
Level 2 Skins aren't thick at all, however there are a lot of poor quality ones on the market, and are made from different materials as well. Just google for a company that makes high resolution skins. You'll enjoy it and the best of all you can swap it for a new one when you get tired of your old one.

not rated
9 MR_MM on Feb 07, 2011
Level 2 Recently I ordered a skin for 15.6" laptop....and I was very disappointed when I put it on the notebook. The skin wasn't the size as it was written in the manufacturers site. I will never buy another one :(

not rated
12 elfuego on Feb 08, 2011
Level 2 Can anyone recommend quality skins brand/site?

not rated
16 monkeybone on Feb 08, 2011
Level 2 just polish the darn thing, it takes no more than an hour and if your scratches aren't too deep it will look new again.

not rated
17 Nexus_Core on Feb 09, 2011
Level 2 Basically you have 3 options - Skin it, Polish it, Repaint.

p.s. you can always just get a new one :)

not rated
18 ikarus on Feb 09, 2011
Level 2 Finally, I use Meguiars Scratch-X and soft cloth to polish my notebook. I have to say that it looks very nice, but my hand hurts. It takes a lot of patience and hard rubbing...:)

Post your comment

Want to post a comment? Only registered users can post, please log in or register.